News about Covid-19 (Coronavirus)
For the latest news about Covid-19 (coronavirus) in Potsdam, please refer to the daily press and the announcements of the state capital Potsdam. Daily updated information on the development can be found on the website of the Robert Koch Institute and on the website of the Federal Ministry of Health.
Corona-Hotline Brandenburg (Mo-Fri, 9.00 a.m. - 3.00 p.m.): +49 (0)331 86 83 777
Corona-Hotline Potsdam-Mittelmark (Mo-Fri, 9.00 a.m. - 2.00 p.m.): +49 (0)33841 91 111
Corona-Hotline Berlin: +49 (0)30 90 282828
Corona-Hotline Federation: +49 (0)30 346 465 100
General medical on-call service (helps in the search for medical practices): 116117
Independent patient advice Germany:+49 (0)800 011 77 22
Events in Potsdam
The health of our guests has the highest priority for us. Therefore, we continuously review the reports and recommendations of the responsible authorities and will react accordingly.
Due to the general decree of the state capital Potsdam the Tourist Information Centre Old Market and the mobiagentur at Potsdam main station will be closed until April 19, 2020.
For up-to-date information please contact our Service Center by calling +49 (0)331 2755 88 99 or send us an email at email@example.com
Please note that all dates published on our website are subject to change. For information on last-minute changes to events and opening times, please contact the organiser directly.
Currently closed Facilities and Institutions (as at 17.03.2020):
- Palaces of the Prussian Palaces and Gardens Foundation Berlin-Brandenburg (until 19 April 2020)
- Museum Barberini (until 17 March 2020)
- Potsdam Museum (until April 19, 2020)
- Natural History Museum (until 19 April 2020)
- Film Museum (until 20 April 2020)
- Lindenstraße Memorial (until 19 April 2020)
- Hans Otto Theater (until April 19, 2020)
- Nikolaisaal (until 19 April 2020)
- Biosphere (until 19 April 2020)
- Bildungsforum (until 19 April 2020)
- Baths of the Potsdam public utility (until 19 April 2020)
- URANIA Planetarium (no public events until 19 April 2020)
- Belvedere Pfingstberg (until 19 April 2020)
- Volkspark Potsdam
- Lawn area on Island Freundschaftsinsel
- further cinemas, theatres, concert halls, museums and similar institutions
Restaurants are closed, but some offer delivery and collection services for food.
Not closed are food retailers, weekly markets, pharmacies, medical supply stores, petrol stations, drugstores, banks and wholesale.
Events currently canceled (status 30 March 2020, 9 am):
- Tulip Festival in the Dutch Quarter
- Concerts of the Easter Festival Potsdam 2020
- Student Film Festival "Sehsüchte"(postponed to 23.09. - 27.09.2020)
- Lange Nacht der Wissenschaften
- Guided Walks through Krampnitz (until 26 April 2020)
- Harbour Festival
- Cruises of the Weiße Flotte Potsdam
- Spring Market at the Pfingstberg Belvedere
- City and Palace Tours of Kaiser-Tour
- "Alter Fritz" City and Palace Tours
- all public and non-public events with more than 50 participants
Due to the recommendation of the Federal Government of Germany for a restriction of private holiday trips to Germany and abroad, all public city tours of Potsdam Marketing und Service GmbH will be discontinued for the time being until April 19, 2020.
Tickets purchased for this period will be refunded the way you purchased them - tickets purchased online will be refunded via reservix, tickets purchased in person will be refunded after reopening at the Tourist Information Centres.
The Potsdam Feeling at Home
Not a Potsdam fan yet? Follow us on our social media channels and get the Potsdam feeling at home. On Facebook and Instagram we show you the most beautiful corners of Potsdam and take you on a digital city trip.
Our "Explore Potsdam" podcast brings the Potsdam feeling to your ears. In the approximately 20-minute episode, anecdotes about favorite places and experiences off the beaten tourist track are heard.
In our online shop you will find great souvenirs and delicacies - so a piece of Potsdam will come to your home.
Tips for your Visit to Potsdam
Visitors who are currently in Potsdam can take part in the following activities (as of 17.03.2020, 9 am):