In the southwest of Sanssouci Palace lies Charlottenhof, a small neo-classical villa, forming the architectural centre of a park, which was later added to the 18th-century Sanssouci gardens in 1826. That year Frederick William IV, who was quite fond of art, assigned architect Karl Friedrich Schinkel with the remodelling of his farm house into a neo-classical summer residence. Schinkel´s one-storey building was adorned with an English garden, an ideal retreat for the King's wife.
Features and categories:
The above entry is a service of TMB Tourismus Marketing Brandenburg GmbH. For content changes please contact Potsdam Marketing and Service GmbH.